Mr Bongo Record Club Volume 4 reveals its new retro-style compilation, which revives the memory of a carefree era.
Mr Bongo Record Club Volume 4 provides the same feeling as if you were listening to your old favorite playlist again: images of travels appear, happy memories resurface and finally you feel like standing there, enjoying those moments again.
“A happy memory is perhaps truer on earth than happiness”, said Alfred de Musset. This is exactly what happens when you are listening this compilation.
The compilation features rare gems: Brazilian, African, soul, funk and disco genres. The selection is rather eclectic, with a few new releases like Matthew Tavares, Wax Machine and the latest tracks from Azwon, Cindy & The Playmates or Zé Roberto to name but a few. An unforgettable sensory journey.
Out on October 20, vinyl and CD via Mr Bongo.
1. The Modern Tropical Quintet – Midnight in Moscow
2. James Reese & The Progressions – Throwing Stones (Kenny Dope Mix)
3. Cindy & The Playmates – Don’t Stop This Train
4. Carnival – Eyes Growing Wider
5. Azwon – Paradise Island
6. Carlos Puebla And Santiago Martinez And Pedro Sosa – Sun Sun Damba E
7. Pepe Sanchez – Sentimiento
8. DJ Format & The Simon Sound – The Peruvian
9. Hamlet Minassian – Al Elnim
10. Idrissa Soumaoro, L´Eclipse De L´ I.J.A. – Nissodia (Mike D Remix)
11. Teaspoon Ndelu – Sputla
12. The Vikings – Mama Matotoya
13. Lincoln – Amanhã O Tempo Muda
14. Don Ricardo – Sonho Lindo
15. Zé Roberto – Lotus 72 D (Fast)
16. Wax Machine – Extralude (Wyndham Earl’s More Than-An-Interlude Remix)
17. Matthew Tavares – Selfportrait